A little bit old and a little bit new, and a lot of Analytics this time around in the web design arena. Found myself starting to use Status Board more and more for myself and wanting to integrate it with Google Analytics. Also Google Analytics itself is getting quite a few new features added to it. Twitter gets Analytics and a good article on why you should make your website the hub of all activities.
Web & Social Analytics
- Full Credit Measurement: Attribution with Google Analytics : Source: Google Analytics Blog by Adam Singer.
Google talks strategies for multi-touchpoint attribution. So it’s not just “Last Click” that gets all the credit.
- Improving Google Analytics Dashboard Sharing : Source: Google Analytics Blog by Adam Singer.
If you haven’t used this feature of Google Analytics, you should. Also feel free to check out some of the GA Dashboards I setup.
- Twitter Offers Free Analytics For All Users : Source: Search Engine Watch – Latest by Jennifer Slegg.
- Streamlining Google Analytics Administration Experience : Source: Google Analytics Blog by Adam Singer.
Making GA easier to setup. Now if they can just figure out a better way to traverse the admin section I will be happy.
- Google Analytics Becomes A Robust Testing Platform With Content Experiments API : Source: Google Analytics Blog by Adam Singer.
Test Changes to your website (and mobile device is a welcome addition to Google Analytics. Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.
- Google Analytics for Status Board : Source : The Hiltmon.
A great iPad App gets a how to article on integrating Google Analytics.
Branding & Strategy
- 6 Reasons the Website (vs. Social Media) Should Be the Ultimate Destination for the Brand : Source: Search Engine Watch – Latest by Rebecca Murtagh.
One of the most effective ways to optimize ROI from offsite efforts (print, social media, PR) is to establish and cultivate relationships on social media, and then direct them to the main website.
Sales & Marketing
- Content Curation for Lead Nurturing : Source: Marketo Marketing Blog by Jon Miller.
Staying relevant has never been more of a challenge. This article does a good job of showing how to connect with your target audience.
- Measuring The Effect Of Semantic Markup On Your Search Traffic : Source: Search Engine Land by Carrie Hill.
Schema to build robust search results can impact your click thru rate. Especially when only .27% of the web is using this structure to improve their website, user experience and search results.
Search Engine Optimization
- Why does a new page’s ranking drop over time : Source Google by Matt Cutts.
When we create a new landing page with quality content, Google ranks that page on the top 30-50 for targeted keywords. Then why does the rank get decreased for the next 2 to 3 weeks? If pages didn’t have required quality, then why did it get ranked in the first week?
Landing Page Design
- Landing Page Conversion Rates : Wordstream by Jonathan Dane.
A good checklist for improving your design to improve on your landing page when you think you ran out of ideas.
See you next time.